How it Works
Corbis will be taking a very small cut of all revenues they generate from sales of your photographs.
We (Demotix and you) - will split the rest 50/50, as ever.
- You submit your work as usual.
- We check and edit as usual.
- Depending on the size, timeliness and quality of your images, we select them for inclusion in a direct FTP feed to the Corbis editors (based around the world).
- They make their selection from our edit, and up it goes straight to the Corbis main site, and up to their local rep sites around the world.
- When they license one of your images, we are notified, and we notify you.
Corbis' payment terms are 45 days after declaration.
Demotix' payment terms are 30 days after receipt of payment.
What it means for you
- Demotix continues to license images directly to all our main news clients (Guardian, Wall Street Journal, News International, Telegraph, etc...), our main NGO clients (Amnesty, ActionAid, WaterAid...), and our direct clients (GlobalVoices, OpenDemocracy, etc...).
- Demotix continues to market you directly, for shoot-on-demand and assignment work all over the world.
- Corbis salespeople will all have log-ins to Demotix itself, so that they can search for themselves.
- Corbis have already started asking Demotix for help with assignment work, and this will grow.
All we need from you is that you send in your best photos as quickly as you can. We've worked hard to convince Corbis that in news, lower quality images can still sell - so you can upload that cameraphone shot if it's all you've got. If you've got a carefully crafted DSLR shot, that's great too - just upload it and we'll work our magic!