UPDATE (22/07/12 10:20) : Move complete
The move is now complete. The tech team are monitoring things closely, bugs so far :
Our SSL / HTTPS certficate isn't working correctly yet, so you get a scary red message before you can log in.Fixed @ 13:15
5am-9:30am 22/06/2012 (NO UPLOAD)
Once again, we are going to lock the site for a few hours to improve our systems.
Our previous scheduled maintenance didn't quite go as planned and we had to keep going on the same old servers. No longer.
Tomorrow, Friday 22nd June, between 5am and 9:30am, we will jump onto our new servers!
The new systems will make every single part of your experience of Demotix better, faster and more efficient.
Over the last weeks, we've been testing, re-testing and testing again (and not doing much sleeping) the new setup with the help of several server experts.
We know that Demotix's upload process has been frustrating at times and I (Alex) want to personally apologise for this. You spend hours taking amazing news photos/videos only to be frustrated when you try to send them to us. Demotix's servers/technology have not been doing a good enough job at supporting you, but you can be sure we are doing everything we can to make your Demotix experience as quick, effective and enjoyable.
The new servers are just the first step.
As well as testing/building servers the tech team at Demotix has been very busy on a range of projects.
- We have totally re-written our iOS mobile app and will release our iPad app at the same time.
- We have not forgotten about Android either: our app will be released in July.
- EU Cookie laws have come into effect so we will have a new T&C and opt-out for that.
- Demotix is also due a facelift... Behind the scenes we have been re-thinking almost every page on the site, consulting experts and rebuilding the display systems of Demotix. All of this will mean not only a better looking website, but also a faster one that work automatically with browsers of all shapes and sizes (mobile to tablet to desktop)!
- Alex and the Demotix tech team