Peugeot Car Company, Corporate Headquarters and Showroom, Paris
French Car Company, Peugeot, (PSA) inside the Corporate Headquarters and Showroom. Cars costing thousands were on show after the Governments agreement to help bail out the French car maker.
" 7 The government's ideas to save the car in France"
(Created 25-07-2012 at 12:53 PM - Updated to 16h26Par Challenges.fr)
The Ministry of Relief productive Arnaud Montebourg unveiled its plan to support the sector.
..Subcontractors of PSA had predicted the end of the site of Aulnay
"The environmental bonus to € 7,000 for electric cars
Minister of Productive Recovery Arnaud Montebourg presented on Wednesday the main measures taken to save the automotive industry, adding that he asked the manufacturers' sites sustainability "in exchange and maintaining the territory of Research and Development laboratories.
Arnaud Montebourg said that the only new spending to include in this plan have 120 million euros in aid to the re-industrialization for SMEs that create or maintain employment, a fund of 50 million euros for the pooling certain actions in the sector, and 5 million of additional costs of public spending related to the increased electrical state park.
The main points of the plan to support the automotive industry.
1. Strengthening the ecological bonus-malus. The maximum bonus on electric vehicles is increased from 5,000 euros to 7,000 euros, one relating to hybrid vehicles is doubled to 4,000 euros, is open to company cars. Bonuses related to low-pollution combustion vehicles are increased by 100 or 150 euros depending on the case. For immediate effect, these increases will be valid until the end of 2012 and the strengthening of the overall bonus-malus system will be specified in the Finance Act 2013. They are packaged in "price maintenance by manufacturers," the government. To offset the increased bonus, the cost for public finances is estimated at 490 million euros, the penalty particularly environmentally friendly vehicle pollutants increase from 2013. The government also wants to increase the points of recharge electric cars.
2. Ecological public commissions. The State agrees that 25% of the vehicles they buy are electric or hybrid. Any new vehicle for urban use will be electric.
3. Maintaining the research tax credit and new funds for innovation. € 350 million investment program for the future will be reoriented in favor of "the invention of the car of tomorrow". To encourage companies to choose France, the research tax credit, which cost 400 million euros in 2011, is made permanent and more accessible to SMEs. A research institute dedicated to the automotive technology will also be launched before the end of the year.
4. Support to subcontractors. Small business bank Oseo will release 150 million euros to support the cash subcontractors, who may request more than 450 million euros of financing for the modernization of industrial sites and investment. The government wants the Fund for the Modernization of Equipment Manufacturers Automobiles (FMEA) "spearhead development of subcontractors strategic: it shall be extended immediately and may invest 260 million euros for the ETI and long-term support SMEs in their international projects, innovation, consolidation or development ".
5. Defense sector interests on the international trade arena. Minister of Productive Recovery denounced the "unfair competition" of South Korean automakers, which have increased their market share in Europe since the signing in October 2010 a free trade agreement with the European Union, Brussels which ensures that it has boosted exports in the automotive sector, but has lost market share to Renault and PSA. "This free trade agreement between the EU and Korea was naively happened last year (the agreement was reached in 2010 and came into force in 2011, note), and now we are left with increases in the market for small diesel engines (from Korea, ed) of 1.000% ", told the National Assembly Arnaud Montebourg, who intends to seek the release of surveillance measures, which may lead to a safeguard clause .
6. Opening a social construction. Mid-September will launch a trading arm of the automotive industry on "the adaptation of the automobile in France" to produce the car "green and People", which is central to the government's plan, the Minister promised Labour Michel Sapin.
7. Promotion of Made in France. Cédric Klapisch and filmmakers Luc Besson will produce "advertisements for the French car", to showcase the know-how "Made in France".