Four Face Buddha statue, better known by Se Mien Fo built in 2004 in Kenjeran, Surabaya. The 9-meter high statue and the overall building height of 36 meters.
Four Face Buddha statue, better known by Se Mien Fo built since 2004 in Kenjeran, Surabaya. 9-meter high statue and the overall building height of 36 meters.
Entry into the Museum Record of Indonesia, were higher than Se Mien Fo statue in Bangkok, Thailand.
Whole statue body coated with gold, and manufacturing costs was Rp. 4 billion.
Se Mien Fo has four face that represents the four properties that need sublime nurtured man, especially a follower of Buddha. Eight Ear symbolizes the compassion that He's listening to the plight of creatures from all directions. And the Eight Hand held Religious Tools that have a special meaning, namely:
1. Beads. The symbol of Velocity Wheels of Life, Law of Karma and rebirth.
2. Hands in front of chest. Symbol of nature, full of Mercy and give Blessing.
3. Conch house. Symbolizes abundance and prosperity.
4. Flower vase (pot). Water symbolizes blessing granting the petition.
5. The book. Symbolizing the Science and Policy.
6. Spear. Symbolizes will power and success.
7. Love Mani (Flag Greatness). Symbolizes the spiritual power of a Buddha.
8. Fly Wheels (Disc). Protects hazards and wretched, demons deterrent and eliminates any gloom and anxiety.