Panels "War and Peace" by Portinari exhibited in Brazil
The panels were commissioned to the artist Candido Portinari by the Brazilian government as a gift to the United Nations Headquarters. The Panels are being restored and exhibited in Brazil while the UN building is under a refurbishment project.
Panels "War and Peace" by Portinari, are restored and exhibited in Brazil. The panels were commissioned to the artist Candido Portinari Brazilian government to present the United Nations Headquarters. Ready in 1956, were delivered to the UN in New York, from where they left in 2010 to be restored in Brazil. As the name implies, are two screens with dimensions of 14 x 10 meters each showing, on the one hand, the horror of war and the other the beauty of peace. However, are not as dramatic as Guernica by Picasso. The panels are exposed in Belo Horizonte, capital of Minas Gerais, in Brazil, until May, and then proceed to Paris and then be returned to the UN headquarters.