Children's Day is to celebrate "childhood". On Children’s Day tribute is payed to all children in the world. Children are loved by one and all; they win over our hearts with their angelic eyes and innocent smiles. Caracas, Venezuela. 18/07/2010
In Venezuela the celebrations stars at July14th, but this year celebrates on July 18th. The idea of celebrating worldwide the Day of the Child was born in 1954, during a General Assembly of the Organization of United Nations, which established that every country had to put a date to dedicate and to promote annually the brotherhood and the understanding between the children and girls of the world.
The UNICEF was the organism entrusted to develop this project and in Venezuela was decided that it would be celebrated on the third Sunday of July, which coincides with the beginning of the vacation period.
It is important to remember that the children are the future of the Mother land and both the Declaration of the Laws of the Child established by the UNICEF and the Venezuelan laws establish a series of beginning for the children born in national territory.
1. Every child has right to be born of healthy parents.
2. Every child has right to know his parents, to be fed, dressed and taken care by these.
3. Every child has right to be attended by the State in case of orphan-hood, misery and abandon.
4. Every child has right to live through his child's complete life.
5. Every child has right to be educated by qualified teachers, of solid general and professional preparation, of straight and kind spirit, who take the exercise of his profession as the highest of his social functions and not as a simple way the life to be gained.
6. Every child has right to school comfortable and hygienic buildings; to parks of playtime, to playgrounds and sports and educational free spectacles.
7. Every child has right to be protected against any class of exploitation. No child in Venezuela can nor must work before 14 years.
8. Every child has right to continue his studies up to where it his aptitudes are allowed, having to in consequence, to be helped by the State when he lacks the economic means for it.
9. Every child has right not to be judged for the ordinary courts, but for Minors' Special Judges. No child delinquent will have to be chased not imprisoned, but imprisoned in establishments of reeducation that must have in possible a home-loving organization.
10. Every child has right to be respected in his spiritual, physical and moral personality.