The minister of Energy and Mining, Laurence Golborne, responded to striking Codelco workers, who have said the work stoppage throughout the country today is due to lack of dialogue with the current administration. Santiago. 11th July 2011
The Energy and Mining Biministro Laurence Golborne admitted that the national strike of workers in the state, which mobilized 45 000 workers (15 thousand plant and hired 30 000) is "unprecedented in nearly 20 years," noting that was uneventful.
"There has been so far no incident, no violence has been avoided the use of public force to vacate roads or force the entry of workers, and avoid any conflict, that Codelco could resume their activities tomorrow "he said.
In this line, said he hopes to mobilize "warning", convened for 24 hours, lay down in the early hours of Tuesday in order to "resume productive activities for the benefit of all Chileans."